Friday, February 18, 2011

invitation






noun definition of invitation :
  • the act of inviting.
  • the written or spoken form with which a person is invited.
  • something offered as a suggestion: an invitation to consider a business merger.
  • attraction or incentive; allurement.
  • a provocation: The speech was an invitation to rebellion. 

Inviting Someone:
I'd like to invite youto have dinner this saturday.
I'd like to invite you to a party next friday
I was wondering if you'd like to......
Would you like to....?
Will you come to....?

Accepting an Invitation:
I'd love to
That would be wonderful
Yes, thank you. What time?
Thanks. I'd love to
That would be great, thanks

Declining an Invitation:
I'm awfully sorry, I have other plans
I wish I could, but....
I'd really to, but.....
Sorry. I've already made plans for saturday
I would love to, but I .....

Famous Quotations
invitation
"They tapped at my eyelids and touched my lips with an i..."
"In short, camp mocks bad taste; kitsch exploits it. Cam..."
"A gentleman doesn't pounce ... he glides. If a woman si..."
"Every invitation
To every stranger is met at the s..."
"I knew a pure heart who refused tot be mistrustful.... ..."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com